Money Saving Tips from Your Local Print Shop
Do you want to save money? We all do! Creative Printing is here to help you get the results you want for the right price. Before placing your next print order, take a look at these tips to make sure you get the best price possible.
1. Talk to your local print shop
- Communication is key to carrying out a successful project. Remember, that local printing companies like our own, are here to help you through any type of project. Give us a call before you begin your project and tell us what you want/need and what your budget is and we will help you get started.
2. Time is Money
All projects are quoted for the most cost effective print method. Some methods require more time than others so it is important to get started early and give us your deadline up front.
MORE TIME = MORE OPTIONS = POTENTIAL SAVINGS
Also, knowing what you want and communicating your wishes ahead of time can lower cost. Going back and forth in graphics can add up. Be specific on what information you want to use, and where you want it to go.
3. Do Your Own Graphics
- Designing your own graphics/artwork can save you money, however; make sure your design is setup correctly for printing; otherwise, you will incur set-up cost. All the information you need to get your files set-up correctly are on our website. You don’t want to design a beautiful full color, full bleed brochure only to find out the costs are more than you bargained for or it is not set-up correctly. Remember your time is money too!
4. Color vs. Black
- The ink used in printing is the most expensive liquid in the world! Keep that in mind as you plan your print projects. While black and white is the most cost effective method it does not give the results that printing in color does. Color is eye catching and is often worth the additional cost.
- Use standard sizes (8.5 x 11, 11 x 17), white, text or cover stock paper. Specialty (textures, watermarks, odd sizes) papers can get very costly. (Note if you have a full bleed brochure with a finished size of 8.5 x 11 we would have to run this on oversized paper, thus incurring more cost.)
- The more you buy the more you save! Your initial cost may be more than you wanted to spend, but your cost per piece is less. Often the price difference between ordering 500 and 1000 is just a few bucks! So take into consideration how many business cards, brochures, etc. you go through each month when deciding on how many to print.
Your print jobs don’t have to “break the bank”. You can get a professional looking design for a reasonable price. It is important to talk with your local print shop to discuss your print project so that you can get the design that best meets your budget. If you have any questions or would like a free estimate on your next project, contact us or stop by and our friendly staff will gladly assist you. Remember, Creative Printing of Bay County is a One Stop Shop for all of Your Printing Needs.