Artists and interior designers have long understood how color can intensely affect moods, feelings and emotions. According to about.com, color is a powerful communication tool and can be used to signal action, influence mood and cause physiological reactions. Certain colors can raise blood pressure, increase metabolism or cause eyestrain.
Let’s find out how different colors make you feel.
- (Think passion) stimulates, arouses, increases awareness.
- Elevates a room’s energy level. It’s a good choice when you want to stir up excitement.
- Pumps the adrenaline.
- Draws people together and stimulates conversation.
- Has been shown to raise blood pressure, speed respiration and heart rate.
- It is usually considered too stimulating for bedrooms or classrooms.
- May trigger feelings of anger in some people.