Here at Creative Printing we have many customers that like to create their own artwork or design and email it to us for printing. This is a great way to save you money; however, it is important for the print job to be production ready, meaning the file has to be appropriately set up in order to print.
Our goal is to prevent problems that may delay your production schedule, incur additional expense or produce an unexpected product. To see our full guide to setting up your own print job, take a look at “Submitting Print Ready Artwork.”
- Call Your Printer First - All printers have different production ready requirements, so call before you start.
- Resolution - Always use high quality images and graphics. Image resolution should be no less than 300 dpi, and re-sampling does not count!
- Bleed - If your final artwork has an image that goes to the edge of the paper, you will need to have bleed around the final piece.
- Color - If your job is printing offset all colors should be converted to CMYK.
- File Type - Submitting a high quality PDF with fonts embedded or converted to outlines is the best way to submit your artwork.
If you have any question regarding this checklist please call or email us. Our goal here at Creative Printing of Bay County is to help you submit your own files and have them print perfectly!