Yard Sign Tips
At some time or another many of us have used signs. We see them all over the place, from yard sales, to baby showers, political signs and even for real estate. There are so many uses for yard signs such as, parties, now hiring, now enrolling, sales, special events, schools and sports. The choices are endless. Yard signs are a great way to grab people's attention and it’s important to learn how to use them in your business.
Do you ever wonder why you should use yard signs? Where they should be placed to grab attention? How about what information to include?
We want to provide you with some tips to make the most of your Yard Signs.
Tip 1 - Promote Your Work
- Promoting your work is important. If you’re a construction company or lawn service, placing your lawn sign in the yard will let the neighborhood know which company is doing a spectacular job!
- Place your signs around the community where you know your target audience will be visiting. This is an inexpensive way to make extra marketing touches!
Tip 2 - Give it Away
- Make sure you find out the rules for placing signs in your city. You don’t want to have to pay a huge fine for placing your sign in the wrong location.
- Ask for permission before placing your sign on private property.
- Don’t put too much information on your sign. They are usually read by motorists, so they need to be short to get your message across.
- Your business name and number is great for a construction or lawn company. For political signs you typically want to include your last name first. You want it to be larger than your first name. And don’t forget to include which position you want to win.
- Consider at least 2 colors. This will make your sign more appealing and eye catching.
Tip 4 - Take Size into Consideration
- A great size to use for your political or business yard sign is 18” x 24”. This size will produce the most impact.
Tip 5 - Decide Which Type of Sign You Want
- Poly-Bag Signs – Are produced on plastic film that take the form of white plastic bags or sleeves that can be slid over U-shaped wires; Bag signs are normally printed by a web process which is cost effective only when ordering in bulk.
- Corrugated Plastic Signs - 18 x 24 corrugated plastic signs are very stiff and weather proof. They are easy to be put up and taken down. These types of signs are suitable for a candidate that would run again for an election and want to keep the same look and message.
- Double-Sided Signs – Are a plastic coated, paperboard sign. Quality print shops use a water proof laminate. The interior is an all-white, opaque, stiff, solid bleached, paperboard which has been treated to prevent water damage. The sign is then covered on both sides with a plastic film. This sign is the most weather resistant of the three.
Here at Creative Printing we offer all different types of printing services, including yard signs for your company to political signs for your campaign. Whatever your need may be, our friendly staff will gladly help you create a custom sign to meet your needs.
Remember, a sign is not just a sign; it represents your company and its personality.
Blog posted from 1328 Harrison Avenue, Panama City, FL 32401, USA View larger map